Saturday, May 28, 2011

EKD "Old World Charm" - Floral Scroll Paper Set

Part 6 - Floral Scroll Paper Set from my EKD "Old World Charm" digital collection.

This set includes the 4 coordinating papers and the Gray Tone paper template that can be used as is or to create other color pages with a digital computer program like Photoshop. 


EKD Floral Scroll Paper Set - part of my "Old World Charm" digital collection

I like to have a ready to use stash of coordinating supplies when I'm working digitally.
Creating one base template paper and saving them with different colors that blend with my other papers; gives me an additional supply of quick complementary design choices.  Then by also having the base gray tone template I can create additional colored pages as needed.

I created the Floral Scroll pattern to have a fanciful Baroque pattern that reminded me of Europe and the colors for the four papers are based on the focal colors from the pallet I used when designing  my "Old World Charm" digital collection.

The Gray Tone paper is the paper template and can be used "as is" or a digital color layer may be applied so it can be tinted at a later time as needed to match any project I'm working on.

This is the color palette I decided on when I designed my
"Old World Charm" digital collection

I used the darkest value in each color family to create the 4 pages 
in the Floral Scroll Paper Set



Floral Scroll Paper Set
part of my "Old World Charm" collection


EKD Floral Scroll Paper - Antique Blue


EKD Floral Scroll Paper -  Moss Green


EKD Floral Scroll Paper -Golden Brown


EKD Floral Scroll Paper -Desert Rose


EKD Floral Scroll Paper - Gray Tone  Paper Template


How I use the template in Photoshop.
I know there are lots of ways to use Photoshop or other digital editing programs
but for simplicity I'm just showing how I opted to colorize this gray tone template.


I wanted a Plum colored version of this paper so
I began by opening a new page via File - New at the top of my Photoshop toolbar.
I named my new document Fancy Border Mosaic - Plum
and selected all my sizing parameters for a 12 x 12 page


Photoshop screen shot showing the png template and the new blank layer
waiting to have its color and blending mode selected

I then used the File - Place option from the top tool
and selected my gray tone template which pop up right on my work area.

I then created a "New Layer" using the last icon at the lower right
of the layers pallet area -  it looks like a square with a flipped up corner.


Once the New Layer was active I searched for a shade of purple
that I wanted to use from the color selector on the far left tool bar
I chose color code 5d4774 for my "Plum" paper.

This is the Photoshop screen shot showing the color already selected,
the blending mode of "Overlay" chosen and the final paper ready to save

I used the paint bucket tool on the far left tool bar and clicked on my work area.
This made the whole area a sold purple, so I changed my blending mode to the Overlay setting, which allowed my pattern to show through and give me a new colored page to add to my collection.

Bonus Paper in Dark Plum
This is the new EKD Floral Scroll Paper in Plum I just created
using the above template

I created my Paper Template as png files since they are slightly transparent.
This allows you to add a color layer below rather than on top
to get a slightly different look.

Plum Paper #2
EKD Floral Scroll Paper - Plum created by adding the color layer
under the template in Photoshop rather than over the template
This 2nd color option was achieved by placing the new layer below
the template on the layers pallet in Photoshop.

I still used the same color code of 5d4774 and
the blending mode was set to Normal this time
The Highlighted Color Layer is under the Paper Template and
allows a bit more of the details of the template to show through. 
This also mutes the color just a bit and gives it a more aged look
It's just a lot of fun to experiment with png templates and see the
different looks you can get based on where you put the color layer
and what blending mode you choose.

This is all personal preference so do your thing and have fun is what it's all about.



The images in this collection are sized for digital scrapbooking.  
If you like these items or use them please leave a comment or link back 
to my blog so others can join in the fun.  Many Thanks!

As Always...


No comments:

Post a Comment