Monday, May 23, 2011

My EKDuncan "Old World Charm" digital collection of scrapbooking supplies

Part 1 - The Background Pages for the "Old World Charm" digital collection


I've previously posted 4 digital scrapbooking pages that were made using a variety of digital elements I created in Photoshop.  I call this collection of background papers, embellishments, word art and more... my "Old World Charm" digital collection.

My Mom comes from the "Old Country" as those of a certain age like to say.  She's from Spain and I was born there; so I have fond memories of visiting family there and of living a European lifestyle.  It never ceases to amaze me how old Europe is compared to the good old USA.  I've been to caves to see the primitive drawings done by early man, I've visited Medieval churches, monasteries and castles, I've roamed the old cobble stone streets and crossed Roman bridges just to name a few.   Creating a collection of digital scrapbooking supplies with an Old World feel just came naturally to me.  I've had a blast in Photoshop, developing a multitude of items that work together with that theme in mind. 

EKD Journey of Discovery - digital scrapbook page using elements from my "Old World Charm " digital collection
This digital scrapbook page shows me in Madrid, Spain when I was 16 and visiting relatives.
The Background page is part of and old world map I've added textures and color 
blending modes to give it more interest.  
The map represents my crossing the ocean to get to the "Old World".

The frame is another from my collection of antique picture frames.  
The Spanish stamps are from my Mom's collection of saved stamps from letters 
her family mailed her over the years.

These stamps stand for my family ties to Spain as well as showing some of the amazing architecture and the various cities of interest I either had the chance to stay in or have seen via car, bus or train.

******************

I created the entire collection in Photoshop;
using objects from my personal collection of cool stuff as well 
as a variety of digital images, textures and color blending modes.  
I probably have over 100 hours of work in compiling and producing 
the items and word art that comprise my 
"Old World Charm" digital collection of scrapbooking supplies.

There are many items in the collection and it continues to grow;
so for this post I will only be showing the digital background pages 
I've created to date.  I will post other items in subsequent posts
 - so keep checking back to see them all.




"Old World Charm" 
digital paper collection by EKDuncan
These are some of the papers I've created... so far

A Sampling of 13 EKDuncan "Old World Charm" digital papers from my collection


Here are the individual papers
and a few more bonus papers just for the grins and giggles of it.

EKD Old World Map - Left Side "The Americas"

EKD Old World Map - Right Side "Europe"

EKD Antique Parchment - digital scrapbook paper

EKD Antique Rainbow Marbling - digital scrapbook paper

EKD Antique Mosaic Swirl "Silver" Version - digital scrapbooking paper

EKD Antique Mosaic Swirl "Gold" Version - digital scrapbooking paper

EKD Antique Multi Mix - digital scrapbooking paper


EKD Antique 3 - digital scrapbooking paper



EKD Antique 6 - digital scrapbooking paper

EKD Antique Rainbow "Cracked" - digital scrapbooking paper

EKD Antique Rainbow 7 - digital scrapbooking paper

EKD Antique Multi-Mix - digital scrapbook paper

EKD Antique Blue - digital scrapbooking paper

EKD Antique Pink Dazzle - digital scrapbooking paper

EKD Antique Green - digital scrapbooking paper

Some of these pages look similar to one and other since I wanted a variety of backgrounds that would "play" together nicely for multi-page layouts and then others are totally different but still coordinate well with the others.  Since I kept the original Photoshop psd files, I can easily make color adjustments as I need to and keep growing the collection.  


 I will continue to post items from this collection for the next little 
bit and as I add to it I will continue to share my progress.

Thanks for checking in and drop back in to see the next installment of 
my "Old World Charm" digital collection.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing these gorgeous scrapbooking papers with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know you like them Charlene, and you are so very welcome.

      Grins,
      Evelyn

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Simply stunning! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know you liked it EV Medina!

      Delete
  3. I love these so much. I wish they were bigger than 600x600. I would like to make a few pillows with these designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know you like my designs in this collection kootz.

      This was my first attempt at creating a digital scrapbooking collection that was unique to me using my personal supplies and images. The items were posted at a size for others to use with digital projects in mind, as well as to inspire others to create their own collections. I'm glad you like what I came up with and I hope it inspires you to create some original art that reflects your own personality; for which you can design a pillow collection that is unique to you.

      Should you prefer to use established art at a larger size for creating your pillows there a several great digital scrapbooking companies on line which have amazing images at very reasonable prices. Many of these digital companies offer an option to purchased their images/collections with a commercial license so you can create items for sale using their art. At the very least it is fun to browse through them and see what's available and view examples of how others used them, so I hope you check them out to see what's out there.

      Best Wishes,
      Evelyn

      Delete